Baked Stuffed Zucchini
- 1 medium zucchini
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 in shell. Chop pulp; set shells aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini pulp, mushrooms, and onion in butter until tender. Add wine. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes (or until liquid evaporates). Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini shells in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes; drain.
- Fill shells with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Copyright © 2017 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
More from exploreVenango.com: