Balsamic Portobello Burgers
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grates
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper,cut into 4 equal pieces
- 8 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices of cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a shallow dish, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bell pepper and mushrooms; toss gently to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. Grill bell pepper, skin side down, until blackened, about 10 minutes; remove from grill.
- When cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin; set bell pepper aside.
- Grill mushrooms, covered, until lightly charred and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Top bottom half of each bun with bell pepper, mushrooms, cheese, and lettuce.
- Close burgers and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2017 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
More from exploreVenango.com: