SHIPPENVILLE BORO, Pa. (EYT) - A 23-year-old Shippenville man is facing several charges in connection with an incident where he allegedly struck someone with a motor vehicle in March.
Clarion-based State Police say on March 26, 2013, around 9:47 p.m., Ethan Hannold allegedly struck the victim with a motor vehicle on North 2nd Street in Shippenville Borough.
Police say the incident was originally investigated as a hit-and-run. An on-going investigation revealed that it was allegedly an intentional act.
A criminal complaint was filed on December 11, at District Court 18-3-03, charging Hannold with the following offenses:
– Aggravated Assault – Felony 1
– Simple Assault – Misdemeanor 2
– Recklessly Endangering Another Person – Misdemeanor 2
– Careless Driving – Summary
– Reckless Driving – Summary
– Failure Stop And Give Information\Render Aid – Summary
– 2 counts of Failure To Notify Police Of Accident\Injury Or Death – Summary
According to court documents, Hannold is awaiting a preliminary hearing.
Court records indicates that a sexually violent predator hearing for Hannold is set for 1:00 p.m. on January 24, 2014, in that case.
Hannold is currently incarcerated in the Clarion County Jail.
More from exploreVenango.com: