SHIPPENVILLE BORO, Pa. (EYT) - A 23-year-old Shippenville man is facing several charges in connection with an incident where he allegedly struck someone with a motor vehicle in March.
Clarion-based State Police say on March 26, 2013, around 9:47 p.m., Ethan Hannold allegedly struck the victim with a motor vehicle on North 2nd Street in Shippenville Borough.
Police say the incident was originally investigated as a hit-and-run. An on-going investigation revealed that it was allegedly an intentional act.
A criminal complaint was filed on December 11, at District Court 18-3-03, charging Hannold with the following offenses:
– Aggravated Assault – Felony 1
– Simple Assault – Misdemeanor 2
– Recklessly Endangering Another Person – Misdemeanor 2
– Careless Driving – Summary
– Reckless Driving – Summary
– Failure Stop And Give Information\Render Aid – Summary
– 2 counts of Failure To Notify Police Of Accident\Injury Or Death – Summary
According to court documents, Hannold is awaiting a preliminary hearing.
Court records indicates that a sexually violent predator hearing for Hannold is set for 1:00 p.m. on January 24, 2014, in that case.
Hannold is currently incarcerated in the Clarion County Jail.
Copyright © 2015 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
More from exploreVenango.com: