Franklin Man Waives Preliminary Hearing on Strangulation, DUI Charges

| January 11, 2018

FRANKLIN, Pa. (EYT) – A Franklin man waived his preliminary hearing on Wednesday on several charges, including strangulation and DUI.

According to court documents, charges against 29-year-old Darrin Scott Foster, of Franklin, have been transferred to Venango County Court of Common Pleas.

Hw faces the following charges:

– Strangulation – Applying Pressure to Throat or Neck, Felony 2
– False Imprisonment
– Simple Assault, Misdemeanor 2
– Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Misdemeanor 2
– DUI: General Impairment/Incompetent of Driving Safely – 1st Offense, Misdemeanor
– Harassment – Subject Other to Physical Contact, Summary

Franklin-based State Police say the incident occurred sometime between 3:00 a.m. and 5:16 a.m. on Saturday, November 18, on Prospect Avenue, in Sugarcreek Borough.

According to a criminal complaint, around 3:30 a.m., PSP-Franklin were dispatched to a residence on Prospect Avenue to speak to Darrin Foster who reported that (a known female) had walked off wearing minimal clothing.

Foster reported that “he and (the known female) were out, and they were both intoxicated. He said when they got back to the house, (the known female) got into the car to leave. Due to her intoxication, he did not want her to leave, so he got her out of the car and handcuffed her and took her back into the house,” the complaint states.

Foster said that he “went back outside to get his keys, so he could remove the handcuffs, but when he returned, she was no longer there,” the complaint continues.

When police located and spoke to the known female, she stated that when she got into her car to drive away, “Foster dragged her out and took her into the house where he put his hands around her neck and squeezed which caused her to not be able to breathe. He handcuffed her, and when he went to get his keys, she fled the scene,” according to the complaint.

After interviewing the known female, officers returned to the residence to take Foster into custody; however, he had left in a blue car that had been previously parked in the driveway of the residence. Police contacted him, and when he returned to the residence in the blue car, “a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage was on his breath. He was transported to UPMC Northwest where he consented to a blood draw,” the complaint states.

Foster is currently free on $40,000.00 cash bail.

His case is working its way through the court system.

Copyright © 2019 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.

Category: Local News, News, Police & Fire Calls