(Photo courtesy of Washington Capitals)
- Alex Ovechkin scored twice to reach and exceed the 1,000-point plateau, leading the Washington Capitals to a 5-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday night.
- Cruising along with what seemed to be a comfortable lead in the second half against Pittsburgh, No. 14 Louisville ended up needing every point it could get to prevent hot-shooting Jamel Artis from leading the Panthers back.
- To hear Ben Roethlisberger tell it, the sting of throwing an interception during a playoff game has stuck with him more than the pain in his right ankle that also resulted from the final pass he threw Sunday.
- Standing on a sun-splashed field at Pirate City, Casey Sadler glanced at the scar on his right elbow and tried not to think about what he missed last season.
- Freshman Isiaha Mike scored a career-high 24 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as Duquesne kept Saint Louis winless in conference with a 73-66 victory on Wednesday night.
2-minute Drill is brought to you by the RRR Roadhouse in the Clarion Mall.
Copyright © 2017 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
More from exploreVenango.com: