- 12 pieces of lasagna pasta - cooked
- 4 zucchini - cut lengthwise into thin slices
- 1 ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup onion – chopped
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ clove garlic
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups mozzarella - shredded
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp butter
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix ricotta, egg, mozzarella, parmesan, onion, pepper, nutmeg, garlic, and oregano.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer, top with zucchini slices, spread 1/4 of cheese mixture, top with zucchini slices, basil, and tomato sauce.
- Repeat layers using remaining ingredients.
- The top layer of lasagna pasta should be covered with tomato sauce and sprinkled with cheese mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, then take off foil and continue baking another 5-10 minutes until the top cheese is lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let lasagna cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Copyright © 2017 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
More from exploreVenango.com: